1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i install my WD hard drive in Vista?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sundance2008, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

First let me say I HATE Vista, what a POS. I'm sorry, I just had to say it and I feel much better now.

I have a new WD hard drive. I installed the drive and it says the software was installed successfully when I rebooted the system and it shows in device manager with no problems indicated except it says it's not initialized. So how the heck do you initialize/format the drive in Vista. The drive does not show anywhere but device manager, the CD that comes with the hard drive does not provide any software for Vista (98,XP, NT only) and there is not one damn word in the manual with the drive about what to do with Vista.

How do I get this hard drive formatted and running in vista, help me please help?

Thanks

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

4. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

Thanks, that helped me install the new drive but I am still having trouble with my 500GB Buffalo USB drive.

Plug it into my XP machine and it works fine. Plug it into my Vista machine and it says there are problems. It does not show anywhere except device manager and this is waht it says:

Windows can not start this device ...config. info. is incomplete or damaged (code 19).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice