Solved How do i install wif fi capability on windows 7 desktop

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
This may be dumb. But did anybody actually look at the Modem/Router to see whether it has WiFi?

And, also the usual 2.4 v. 5Ghz issues
The wireless icon is not showing at least by the 3rd picture, indicating that wireless is not installed on the computer.

Fireflycph

Morten
The wireless icon is not showing at least by the 3rd picture, indicating that wireless is not installed on the computer.

It'd probably help if I wore my glasses when looking at small screenshots.;)

But still, the OP hasn't said anything about other devices being able to connect. Though the lack of driver for the Dongle is must likely the culprit.

superfrog25

Hi All,

While I have been at work my wife has resolved our issue, thanks for all your help in trying to resolve it for us anyway. For anyone who experiences the same issue please see below.

We THINK the problem was although the drivers were up to date we think when we went into device manager we needed to double click on it there as my wife believes that is what she did and then the install was completed successfully.

Thanks
Chris

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi All,

While I have been at work my wife has resolved our issue, thanks for all your help in trying to resolve it for us anyway. For anyone who experiences the same issue please see below.

We THINK the problem was although the drivers were up to date we think when we went into device manager we needed to double click on it there as my wife believes that is what she did and then the install was completed successfully.

Thanks
Chris
Hmm that is very strange that you had to go to Device Manager for that, but at least you guys have resolved the issue (y) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts