How Do I insure Search Engine Delivers to Index Page?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Georgieboi

Certain keyword searches on Google and Yahoo! deliver a searcher to our website's home page or another page and not my index page which contains a frameset. If a searcher clicks on www.mywebsite.com/home.htm. from search results they are delivered to my home page and the left side buttons do no show. I want them sent to the index page. What do I do?

Thanks,
gb

I use FrontPage and FP for dummies is unclear on this...

the problem is your use of frames. search engines dont like frames.

you probably have an index.htm file that includes one frame that is menu.htm and another frame with the content that is home.htm. obviously if u go to home.htm directly you dont have the menu.

Georgieboi

That's right...go to home.html directly you don't get my menu.... how do I remedy my situation?

Redesign your website so you dont use frames.

Im not sure if there's any alternatives.

easier said than done, GCdude.

try this (gotta put it in all your orphan pages i think)

<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
if(self.location.href=top.location.href)
top.location.href="/frameset.html";
//-->
</script>
might need some editing too. o_O like changing /frameset.html to whatever the real index thing is.

obtained from:
http://forums.htmlcenter.com/t482.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online