How do i keep my connection?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

isuck

Im on a cable modem through a router, and id like to know if there is a way to keep my internet connection when i go into standby, because when i do go to standby, it just turns off. It is not wireless.

Yeah... Open device manager, select your nic from the list, goto the power managemnet tab. Uncheck the box for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", you may also want to check "allow this device to bring comp out of standby".

isuck

mtown_onsite said:
Yeah... Open device manager, select your nic from the list, goto the power managemnet tab. Uncheck the box for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", you may also want to check "allow this device to bring comp out of standby".
Well if i uncheck the first one, the others become uncheckable..

isuck

isuck said:
Well if i uncheck the first one, the others become uncheckable..

It didnt work what you said to do either. I unchecked the first, didnt work, i checked the first and the rest of em since i cant uncheck the first and check the others, didnt work. Keeps shutting down AIM and my internet.

Hrm... Does your computer drop the net connection? Or does the router?
Check the router's config... It may have a setting for connection type or something similar. If so, set it to "stay alive" or "always on"... instead of connect on demand.

you could just leave the comp on and turn off the monitor when youre not on it.. thats what i do. plus it always seems when u go into standby and come back a lot of your RAM is eaten up and it needs a restart if you wanna play any heavy graphics games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online