How do I keep read only attabute off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lexd

I've tried everything to turn my read only attribute off on all my files

I understand my "desktop.ini" files control this feature in Windows 7

What should be in this " desktop.ini" file

mine has

[.ShellClassInfo]
[email protected]%systemroot%\system32\MCTRes.dll,-150225

is this correct

some one may suggest something else to look at

When I brought the computer I had viruses all over the pace and recovered it only by luck
now I have installed everything can I reload windows via the internet to cure the problem

I'm trying to make a IIS HTTP server and I need to get around the problem to get the server to work

best regards
J Lex Dean

TerryNet

Terry
Is there a COA sticker on the computer? If so, can you still read the 25-character Windows Product Key (do not post the key here)? If so, what is the exact Windows version specified on the COA?

TerryNet

Terry
how can that help my problem please
I took the fragment "can I reload windows via the internet to cure the problem" to be the question "Can genuine Windows 7 installation media be obtained via the internet?". If it was not meant as that question then please ignore my post # 2. Otherwise, your answers to my questions could help me answer your question.

lexd

I have reinstalled windows from the CD
Its not changed a thing to windows at all.

valis

what version of 7 is this? where did you get the install disk from? you say you bought it with viruses?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online