How do I keep Task Schedual from starting up?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jonasdatum

Hey Tech People!

How do I keep Task Schedual from starting up? I want to disable the bloody thing. It eats up system resources. Can anybody help?

Thanks.
JD

The easiesy way I have found is go into the registry and remove all entries of Task Scheduler.

Make sure you make a back up of the registry first.

Bryan

Bryan
To disable TaskScheduler click on MyComputer>ScheduledTasks. Now click on Advanced>Stop Using Task Scheduler.

jonasdatum

Hello.

Sorry it didn't work. However, I didn't edit the registry entries....

I don't feel that confortable with it. Even with Xsetup. So if somebody could tell me exactly which entries to remove?!?

Thank You
JD
PS: SOrry for the late reply. :(

If you have Windows Update Notification included in Task Schedular, you must totally kill that first, otherwise Task Scheduler will keep reappearing no matter how hard you try to stop it.

Bryan

Bryan
Paul's correct. If you do have "Windows Critical Update Notification" loaded, TaskScheduler will keep turning itself back on at startup even after having selected "Stop Using Task Scheduler".

To get rid of it, do this,

Start>Settings>CP>Add/RemovePrograms. Scroll down and locate "Windows Critical Update Notification" and double left click on it to uninstall it.

Then go back and click on MyComputer>ScheduledTasks. Now click on Advanced>Stop Using Task Scheduler.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online