1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i know if i bought a crossfire master card or just crossfire ready card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by devlin, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devlin

devlin Thread Starter

basically i bought a 1900xtx long time ago and i am thinking about adding in the 2nd vid card. is there a way to tell or find out if i bought the master card or not? cause i can't remember.

another quick question, if i could get the 2nd vid card for around 100-150 would it be money well spent as an upgrade?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If it says its an X1900XTX then it should be a regular card and you need to purchase the X1900 Master card. You also need a motherboard capable of supporting CrossFire so see what motherboard you have.

Here's what you can expect by adding a second card: http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/X1900XTXCF/x1900/index.htm

3. devlin

devlin Thread Starter

i have a crossfire board. under description of my vid card it just states x1900 series. even pc wizard states that. so does that mean i have the master card?

oh wait the crossfire card has that weird connection which means i definitely have the master card.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Check the clock speeds in the ATI Catalyst Control Center - under OverDrive I believe if you have that option.

The X1900XTX runs at 621Mhz on the core and 1440Mhz(720Mhz 2) for memory.

5. devlin

devlin Thread Starter

my core is 648mhz and memory 774mhz. its not overclocked. thats the lowest setting for both.

under adapter string it just states x1900 series. and according to your link those clock speeds pair up with xtx and not the crossfire card. also those pics on that link show catalyst software actually saying x1900xtx where mine still says series. i dunno but i now know what i need.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/674524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice