1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I know my video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michaeld95, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michaeld95

michaeld95 Thread Starter

Hello, when I open up DxDiag it only says "AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series", so it doesn't say the exact video card. Can anyone please help as I would like to know? I want to know if I could run Crysis 3 at really good settings.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron

4. michaeld95

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16365 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1895726 MB, Free - 997530 MB;
    Motherboard: Alienware, 046MHW
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

It's an Alienware.

5. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    You have a good gaming rig there and hopefully one of our Tech's knowledgeable in gaming can give you more advice.

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  7. michaeld95

Thanks but I already tried it, it still only says "6800 Series" and not the exact model of my card :(

8. Dougx789

Dougx789

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There's only two cards in the 6800 series, a 6850 and a 6870 and both fall into the Recommended Sepcs zone for Crysis 3.

Also, there's a free demo for Crysis using Steam, get that and try the game and you'll know what to expect for performance.

As for the exact card, SIW Free(http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.php just unckeck the free junk they include or use the trial version instead) can tell you the exact GPU under Hardware Devices, you can also look it up on the Alienware website by the model number of the system or the service tag, or checking your purchase receipt.

10. Simba7

Simba7

A Core i7-2600k *AND* a Radeon 6800-series card? Oh ya, you'll be able to run Crysis 3.

If my laptop can run it smoothly, your system should be able to.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice