1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I know what power supply I need for video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vette8182, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vette8182

vette8182 Thread Starter

I am looking at this video card. MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III PE OC GeForce GTX 560Ti 1.2GB. What kind of power is necessary for this card?

2. NICK G

NICK G Banned

NVIDIA recommends a 550 Watt power supply for proper operation of a single card but I'd use 650 or 750.
    Have fun.:)

3. vette8182

vette8182 Thread Starter

My current one is 700, so I should be good

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Maybe yes and maybe no. A wattage rating is about the last thing to consider when evaluating a pw supply. The quality of the mfg, the amp ratings on given rails, and the temp at which the unit was tested are all VERY important items to consider.

You can have a 350W seasonic pw supply that outperforms a cheap 550W raidmax or other low quality unit.

5. vette8182

vette8182 Thread Starter

What do you think of this power supply: Amazon.com has 950W PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK II 80PLUS Silver Certified Power Supply (PPCMK2S950) for $119.99 - $10 when you "clip" coupon on product page - $20 rebate = $89.99. Shipping is free. Thanks EVO-IC & Selma

6. black-wolf

black-wolf

I don't know if crjdriver is online right now, but that is a very good PSU and a good deal.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice