1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i know which Memory to get for my computer??

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hi!, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

Yikes!! I want to upgrade my friend's computer.. ?? oh my! there's like different memory outthere!! how do i run the specs to find out which one do i need?? And if there is an empty slot that means it's upgradable right? Thank you!! Is it cheaper to get it off Ebay or is memory cheap enough now that it's not really worth the hassel?

Thanks!! all this Simm and Dimm stuff is getting me a headache!! I don't know how to check to see what kind of memory i have or what my motherboard can handle.. thankds!!

2. dogbonz

dogbonz

Hi hi,

If it's a name brand computer, go to www.crucial.com
    where there is a list of proper RAM.

If it's NOT a name brand, carefully remove the mem stick
    and take it to a computer repair place to pick out an exact
    match.

-bonzie

3. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

Thanks for your help! Now its asking me for the Model number of the computer!! Yikes!! Where would that be on the Front loading screen? anyways i took a quick look to get an estimate...

???? 64mb is $34.99 32mb is $33.99 WTF?? ha ha!! One dollar difference!! oh my!!

4. Trag

Trag

I would think that the model number would be on the computer somewhere. Also, you need to lay off the espressos for awhile, methinks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice