Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I locate YouTube replies to a comment I made?

767 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bj nick 
#1 ·
Occasionally I'll make a comment where someone responds, and I want to see it in context of the thread. I know about History->Comments, but that shows only MY comments, not responses. I'll get a gmail notification of THEIR response, without any way of locating it. For a video with 8 comments, no problem, but for most of them, with 100's, and dozens of sub-threads, it can be endless trying to locate it. Just now someone responded, and as usual, I can't find it, which is exasperating. What is the best way to locate specific comments someone made in direct response to my comment? Thanks!

#5 ·
Thanks for this, but it's History-Comments as I mentioned originally, there's no link/thread/anything I can see that will take you to your comment. You click on the video, then you gotta look around for it....this particular video where someone just responded to my comment, there are 1,064,092 views! I can't believe there's no way to get right to your comment....hopefully I'm missing something really simple right in front of me.

#7 ·
Okay........I do not get it. CTRL+F gets me the search window, then I type in my email, and it highlights it.....but I already have in front of me the comment the other person made FIRST. How do I go from that to finding the other comments he made? Understand: over a million views, dozens of subthreads......needle in a haystack. I tried a couple things with my highlighted email, nothing worked.

#9 ·
I tried that, but even though this person responded twice, the up/down arrows will not take me anywhere, except to the person's blank page. You can't scroll down to multiple comments? I have no idea how to use this feature practically: I said this, they responded this, I responded, then they said this or that.....can I do that somehow? This isn't somehow I'm going to torture myself with, but it would be nice to know, save a TON of searching around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.