1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I make a disc

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by vianni, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vianni

vianni Thread Starter

SOLVED - sort of - I want to basically make a software disc but don't know where to start.

It needs to be able to autorun. (goes without saying really).
    Open a user menu
    Have clickable buttons that will take the user to other pages/areas which will hold word docs that have form type protection (or protected pdf).
    Give the user the option of uploading their own pictures on certain pages and to a set size.
    And prompt the user to change font colour/style when they input a certain character string.

I have NO knowledge of programming or programming language, so basically have no idea where to start.
    I have some knowledge of WOrd, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and a little html.

Any ideas please, or do I just have to pay through the nose to get someone to write the programme for me?

Would appreciate any help at all.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's not a software disk, it's an application. If you don't know any programming languages and need this application soon, you're going to have to pay someone to write it. There's a relatively steep learning curve to computer programming if you have never written code in any language.

3. vianni

vianni Thread Starter

OOps! well that's just shown how much I really DON'T know he he.

Any ideas how much programming one of these things might cost? Because I am on a rather tight budget.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No idea. I don't know any private professional programmers. I assume this is for a business or company. In that case, you would go to a consultant firm. It won't be cheap. If it's for a very small company or private use, you might want to put an ad in the paper.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There are many contract programmers, but you will need exact specifications of the capabilities you require, or you'll end up paying through the nose for capability you have no use for.

6. vianni

vianni Thread Starter

thanks guys, think i need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice