How do I make desktop shortcuts open full screen?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeAgain------

I have a lot of my favorite websites saved as icons on my desktop. But everytime I double click them, the always open with a small window(and I then have to maximize them).

How do I get them all to always open maximized already?

joeAgain------ said:
I have a lot of my favorite websites saved as icons on my desktop. But everytime I double click them, the always open with a small window(and I then have to maximize them).

How do I get them all to always open maximized already?
Right click each and select properties/ and in the run box select maximized and apply.

Unfortunetly, links to web sites don't have the run in maximized window, only icons do. What you can do is either manually stretch the window or download freeware "IE Maximizer" from http://www.jiisoft.com Its a great little app that I also use.

Like mcse72 said,you have to manually streach the window.(there is no need for a third party utility to do it,particularly if that is all you need to do)

I keep icons for my most favorite pages on my desktop and they open full size every time.

Instead of maximizing the window, when it opens up,place the curser on the bottom right corner of the window,hold the left mouse button and drag the widow open to whatever size you want.The next time you open it , it will open to the size you chose.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online