1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I make my yahoo email account my default email account?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by zeke, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zeke

zeke Thread Starter

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

2. slipe

slipe

3. zeke

zeke Thread Starter

If my memory serves me right, I think I was able to click on a hyperlink and have yahoo email to send mail through, without paying. I have never paid for yahoo so nothing has changed.

4. WingRider

WingRider

Yahoo, if you could do something like that before, doesn't offer it anymore. In the past year, a lot of the free services on the web are becoming pay services.

5. mac26

mac26

This is not quite as easy as just a short time ago, but still not to hard. yahoo did offer this on the "Tip of the day" in yahoo mail but the link to do this is now a little harder to find. Go to my yahoo.com and do a search. "make yahoo my default email" and one of the links found in the search will take you there. I know this works as I just did it ten minutes ago on my new machine. MAC26

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There's more than one way to skin a cat, YahooPops! will allow you to access Yahoo's free mail with a POP3 client. (y)

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

8. JohnWill

LwdSquashman, my method allows you to fetch your Yahoo mail with all of your other mail accounts in any standard email application. :)

9. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Yes, I recommend that alot as well. They have an app for GMAIL now that will do that as well. I just wanted to put out all the options. I am so paranoid, I dont download any email to my PC's. I keep it all web based.

10. JohnWill

I find WEB based email to be too slow and klunky for multiple email accounts and lots of traffic. I guess that's why they make both flavors. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!