1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I migrate email (.eml, .msg or Unix Mailbox) files in Outlook?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pcvchriskmg, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcvchriskmg

pcvchriskmg Thread Starter

Hi. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, Office 2010.

We're switching to Outlook as our email client, and I currently use "The Bat!"

Within The Bat!, I can export my email as either .msg, eml or Unix Mailbox files. I can only import email from Outlook Express, Windows Mail or Eudora from within Outlook 2010. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system, so I can't even load Windows Mail/Outlook Express on my machine. I couldn't import any of the .eml, .msg or Unix Mailbox files into Windows Live Mail.

I have two questions.

1) How can I accomplish my goal of migrating my email messages from The Bat! into Outlook 2010. I can open each of the exported mail messages and from within there "copy to a folder." But I don't want to do that 2,000 times.

2) Also, what has Microsoft made this so difficult? This is such a hassle that I would not use Outlook if I didn't have too. I'm not going to buy a third party application that will migrate mail for me. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice