How do I network my internet connection?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mwillshaw

I have a broadband connection which has 5 static ip's connected through a hub. (LAN)
I have assigned the static ips to the nearest computers enabling 5 connections.
How would i go about sharing connections with other computers running windows 2K to allow me to connect more to the net?

I would install a firewall with two network ports. Configure it to NAT outgoing traffic. You can now connect as many systems as you want too. You just need to configure them to point to the IP address of the firewall as their gateway.

You could use linux as the firewall or purchase a firewall appliance. There are several to choose from.

Cheers,

Scully

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!