1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i overclock?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XPmonkey, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XPmonkey

XPmonkey Thread Starter

okay i have a Forsa Geforce FX5200 and i want to overclock it.

i've heard there is an Auto-Detect feature called Coolbits already in the Nvidia cards so how do i enable it?

thanks.

2. Motoxpro

Motoxpro

i think coolbits is a registry entry for the nVidias, id try Powerstrip to overclock it if i were you. Take it slow dont go striaght up to you your desired clockspeed.

3. phatmattrat

phatmattrat

I think Rivatuner would work well.

4. max 8

max 8

5. XPmonkey

XPmonkey Thread Starter

what woulds be the differance? would there be a differing stability issue between the two?

6. Elements

Elements

hehe did any of you guys see the toms hardware guide overclocking of a p4 3 ghz proessor to 5 ghz mind you they had to change thier board a bit and cool it with liquid nitrogen

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice