how do I play AOE 2 between 2 computers in same household connected by the internett?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

itsmedaniel

Hey,

The computer is connected directly to the router/internett connection while the other one is running through the wireless network.

I am using hamachi to play between the two computers. (LAN)

The problem is this:
- On the first computer I am not able to find the game created on the other computer. (Computers in other households find the game)
- On the second computer I am able to find the game created on the first computer, but am not able to join the game.(Computers in other households are again able to join the game.).

If there are any questions about more information needed dont hesitate to ask, and I will be grateful for any help that can help me solve this problem.

Thanks alot!!:D

This is a common problem with alot of games. The problem is you guys are using the same ip (not the local one, but your internet one) And so when AoE reads the computer trying to connect, it rejects it. I actually have never found a solution to this, but i just found it works better to both join a 3rd party game at the same time.

itsmedaniel

That is actually the third problem i forgot to tell about in my first post. Both computers are able to join the 3rd party game at the same time, but when the game is actually started the first computer fails to connect once again.

Again this probably has to do with the same ip address..

Hopefully someone has solved this problem before and can help me:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online