1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I print an entire excel workbook to pdf

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Uncouth, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncouth

Uncouth Thread Starter

Please forgive me if I am using incorrect terms here. I use Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (Version 5) to convert documents to pdf format. The problem comes when I have a large Excel workbook with 20 or so worksheets (tabs at the bottom of the page). When I try to convert them into pdf (File-Print-Distiller) I get 20 or so files.

First question-Is there a way to convert a multiple worksheet excel file into 1 pdf file? (Without the tedious "insert pages" function I am using right now)

Second question- Is there a way to convert multiple Word documents into 1 pdf file? (Once again without tedious "insert pages" function) Before you ask, no I cannot make all the Word documents into one file.

Third question-If there is no way to do the other two...is there a way to convert multiple adobe pdf into one without "insert pages".

Now since last time I got a bunch of "if it's not broke don't fix it comments" I am posting this statement. "Insert pages" is great and works great to get a couple of pdf files together. Try doing it for over 250 files and see how fun it is.

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

If the worksheets are all < 1 page "long", then File -- Print -- Entire Workbook worked for me using CutePDF (can be found on Google).

OpenOffice has "Export to PDF" ; it did handle > page-long sheets for me, but baulked at some print settings, so it could depend on how fancy your sheets are (http://www.openoffice.org/).

>> I cannot make all the Word documents into one file.

Are you saying Insert Subdocument doesn't work in your version of Word?

HTH,
    Andy

3. garner

garner

Did you manage to find a fix for this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/354789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice