How do i project my pc onto a laptop

fuzai101

I just want to use my laptop as my first monitor but its not working i plug in hdmi cable and it dosent switch over to the right one it uses my laptops data and info instead of my pc

Hdmi connections are output only. You can't just plug the Hdmi cable from another computer into the laptops Hdmi port and use it as a monitor.

You could do a remote network connection from your laptop to the other PC and control the other PC from your laptop. Is there any reason you would want to do this?

I have a home network and share files all the time between computers. I just have to set up file sharing on each computer.

What is your goal? Do you want to control the other computer or do you want to simply share files?

NaThOP

Ivan
While HDMI cables aren't directional, HDMI ports are.

This means that, unless you own a super-high-end laptop, you most definitely will not be able to use it as a monitor.

Why would you want to use a laptop as a monitor in the first place?

The only way you could be able to accomplish this is via a network share, ideally with a switch and VNC.

But this seems like too much hassle for a goal such as yours.

I hope I helped,

Ivan Patarčić

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online