1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I record sound my PC is playing?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Chaos, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos

Chaos Thread Starter

On my old computer I had a Sound Blaster card. I could go in to some Control Panel sound settings (I forget exactly what), and set an option so that my computer would record "What U Hear". So, if I opened a program like Cool Edit Pro, and clicked record, it would record any sound going through my PC.

For instance, normally if I started recording, it would record off my Mic. But when I set it to "What U Hear", and recorded, I could then play a game on my computer and it would record all the sound from the game.

Now, I have a new computer, but still with a Sound Blastery Audigy 2 ZS Gamer card. But I cannot figure out how to get my computer to record sound that is heard. I've messed around with some options but anytime I record it still records what the Mic is hearing.

Can somebody lend me some advice on how I record sound my computer is playing? I can provide more specific details if needed.

Thanks.

2. Chaos

Chaos Thread Starter

Well already solved my own problem. After thinking for a minute I got out my Sound Blaster CDs and found with with "Extra Software" that added a whole little volume control center to my computer, and sure enough in it was the "What U Hear" option.

So my problems solved. However, I don't know how somebody else would do this if they didn't have this software.

3. Tranquility

Tranquility

You could always use Windows Media Encoder. But you will need a cord that comes out of the audio output socket and into the microphone input socket of your sound card. Then you can record the audio using Windows media encoder in wma format.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice