1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I recover a deleted calendar in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kts0347, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kts0347

kts0347 Thread Starter

I use outlook 2003 with Win XP. I have an extensive calendar set up with hundreds of appointments. A few days back it was misbehaving. I wanted to delete an appointment, and somehow ended up deleting the entire calendar. All that I did was click "delete" in the pull down menu under edit. The calendar disappeared completely.

Now when I left click on Calendar, nothing opens. If I was in mail, the display continues to be mail. In the sidebar, the list of calendars presents, but none of them are the main calendar.

Now here's the strange part. The calendar is still functioning and is synchronizing with my smart phone. And, I've discovered by right clicking on calendar, (which presents the option to open in a new window) and opening in a new window, the calendar is visible. It just isn't visible in my normal Outlook session where I toggle between mail, calendar, contacts and tasks.

Here is another strange thing. After I open the calendar in a new window, the sidebar permits me to toggle between mail, address book, tasks, etc. However as soon as I do that, the calendar no longer is visible and I have to reopen it in a new window again.

I already tried going back to a restore point prior to the problem. It didn't make any difference. Is there a solution so that I can restore my calendar view in Outlook 2003.

I'm stumped and don't know how to overcome this. I don't want to reinstall outlook, because I have a large number of personal folders established and I don't want to lose them or their contents. If there is an easy way to save them, then I could delete outlook and reinstall it???

Thanks for your suggestions. They are appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice