How do I remove an item from msconfig?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KevinWB09

I recently had to remove the Trojan.Zlob spyware threats that were affecting my computer and now everything seems to be working ok.

I do however notice that Pest Capture still remains as a start up item when I do an Msconfig, however it is NOT checked.

I checked in the registry to see if I can find an item located here:
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (RunOnce, RunOnceX, RunOnceService).

There was nothing there to remove as I am sure that running SmitFraudFix removed any listing for Pest Capture, Anti Vermin, Video Active X, etc.

My question is that I am simply wondering how I can permanently delete the PestCapture from the Msconfig. I know it is unchecked, but I'd also like to have it removed from the list of startup items, if possible.

Any suggestions?

KevinWB09

Using the Autoruns tool I found two items located at:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run

The items are
rare (image path:File not found: C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\pmsnrr.exe)
user32.dll (image path:File not found: C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isamntr.exe)

Is it ok to remove the checkmark from these two items?

KevinWB09

Using the Autoruns tool i was able to remove rare & user32.dll from the registry and by using MSconfig CleanUp I was able to finally remove Pest Capture from the list of startup items.

Thank you so much for all your help and the quick replies to my question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online