1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i remove/disable my Bios Password "i know my user password

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by irpooky, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. irpooky

irpooky Thread Starter

I have a HP 17-f020us 17.3-Inch Touchscreen Laptop with window 8. I dont what to have to remove the battery to do this. Way to much for me to try to do. I would like to know how to do it through the Bios.
    Thank you,
    Rhonda

2. Sponsor

3. bbearren

bbearren

If you know your BIOS password, you can disable its use in BIOS. If you don't remember your BIOS password, you'll have to remove the battery in order to reset the BIOS to defaults.

4. irpooky

irpooky Thread Starter

I do know my Bios password. But I don't know the steps to disable it or to set the Bios back to the defaults. I don't know what cause it to start either.
    Rhonda

5. bbearren

bbearren

You had to have set it in BIOS in order for it to be there. Go into BIOS setup and then the heading "Security" or something similar. On that page you should see the option to enable or disable BIOS password.

Typically the arrow keys are used to navigate a BIOS page and highlight different settings, then the Enter key is used to open the available options for that setting, and the arrow keys again used to highlight the option one wishes to use. Then the Enter key is used to save that particular setting.

Not all BIOS have the same behavior, however, so you need to read everything carefully before making a selection.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Obviously you don't know myour ubios password or you could get in there and disable and it is against forum rules for us to help with that.

Passwords
    - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Since you know your BIOS password you can use it to enter the BIOS setup at startup, probably F2 or F10 but watch the screen for the exact key to press. Once in the BIOS find the Security or Password option and disable it. Removing the laptop battery will not cleat a password. Curious though, how do you know the BIOS password if you didn't enable it?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144317