1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i remove keyboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sdredger, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

i have been having endless snags with trying to upgrade my lpatops memory.
    i need to remove my keyboard...
    my system is an ei system 1211
    i have found the chasis number to be:
    U40SI1 chassis 13.3" screen. (if this helps)

along the top between the keyboard function keys and the laptop itself, there are 4 push clips, with an additional one on either side of keyboard( next to Caps Lock and PgDn)
    after pushing these with a flat head, the keyboard is slightly raised but still stuck down...
    there are several screws on the base of the laptop, however none are labeled (apparantly they usually lable it KB)
    i have unscrewed 4 of the screws on base that look like they might be in the right place, but still the keyboard is not free. i'm scared to be to rough with it as dont want to break it.

hope i have given enough info to help you to help me, if you need anything else just ask

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Do you not have a small door underneath the laptop for an additional RAM stick? This is where most laptops have space for adding RAM and is quite easy to get to.

3. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

yes there is one socket under that small door, but from what i have learnt from people on here, and online, the second socket is beneath the keyboard :(

4. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

think im gonna end up using my trusty sledge hammer :(

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Yes, the original one that is in use when you buy the laptop is under the keyboard. But most times, you have at least 512 mg there, if not 1 gb. Even if you add just another 512 mgs in the second slot underneath, that gives you a gig and that should be plenty for most.

How much memory are you WANTING to install?

6. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

the slot that is under the keyboard must be the empty one, i installed 1 gb in the normal easy access slot, the laptop reads as having 1gb installed now

7. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Was there already one in the easy access one, then? Did you swap one out of there? Because if not, then there HAS to be one under the keyboard, otherwise your laptop would not have worked.

If the easy access one was empty to begin with, then there ALWAYS was one under the keyboard.........and if you installed one gig in the easy access one, and it is STILL only reading one gig, then it's not seeing all the memory.

8. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

the original memory was in the easy access one - i upgraded this one

9. Compiler

Compiler

I know I'm wait out there...
    But what company designs a notebook with two different memory locations? Thats a much more complicated design.

10. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

That's odd....nearly every laptop I know has the original memory under the keyboard which is of course the hardest to get to, with the expansion slots underneath. :confused: Strange that yours would be the other way around.

Pretty much all laptops do. There just isn't enough room in one spot for both.

11. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

12. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

i wish it was that easy :( that was my first stop, but there is no manufacturers website (that i can find)

13. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

"Support" for many offbrand computers sold in UK is provided by this website.
    http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/

This is for EI Systems.
    http://support.thetechguys.com/layout.aspx?ID={e30b9350-a0ad-49e6-a8db-6838d26bfb1d}&CatID={be5718d9-478c-49e6-93e3-039e0b6755a7}

14. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Found this thread
    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-520298.php

Last post by GingerNinja 20-08-2006

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here could give me a hint on how to open up an EiSystems laptop? I have undone all screws that are on the case (That I can see, I have removed the majority of the stickers apart from one which I have ran a pencil over but no indentation was there) and I have now resorted to sticking blunt objects in to try and level the case open incase of a hidden clip but that also does not work. I can get the majority of the case apart but there is one area (at the back near the USB ports) that will not come apart. It is an EiSystems 4417 although any information on how you have got a different EiSystems laptop apart would be usefull. Cheers in advanced. GingerNinja

Problem solved. If anyone else gets stuck... Try sliding the top part (where the power button is) to the left.

15. sdredger

sdredger Thread Starter

thanks, but on my model the bit with the power button is not a slidy thing, its all one part other than the keyboard :( sorry for bein such a pain!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice