How do I Rename an existing linux distro permanently

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adityaupadhye47

Aditya
I want to rename a linux distro completely.
For example, I will talk about Ubuntu.
I want to rename Ubuntu as "AUbuntu" or maybe even "Aubuntu" will do (that does not matter).
I want to rename Ubuntu in such a way that everywhere I must just be able to see AUbuntu in place of Ubuntu, be it in the boot screen, terminal, anywhere in the settings or in the setup package while installing.
Okay, I understand that I may be expecting too much and to rename it from everywhere I may have to create/write my own linux distro - If this is the case then tell me where all (in how many places) I can rename "Ubuntu" to "AUbuntu".
I am attaching some images of the boot screen, terminal, settings and the installer so that you can get an idea of what all places I want it to be renamed. I have marked the places where I want to rename it.ubuntu boot screen.pngubuntu installer.pngUbuntu terminal.pngUbuntu Settings.png

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Yes there are ways to change your host name and also the boot image but what is the reason you want to do that? :oops::unsure::unsure:

TerryNet

Terry
Assuming that you gather all the source into one directory search for the name you want to change.

Or, if you don't really need the count, write and run a script that will edit each file and automatically make the desired replacement.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online