How do I restart in pure DOS mode in Win2k?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

That_one_guy

It says I have to be in pure DOS mode to flash my bios.. I know in the 95/98 there was a shut down command that says restart in MS-DOS mode... is there one for windows 2k?

There is no "pure dos" mode in Win2000

Win 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98 and ME are built on top of DOS, so they can start without their graphics shell and go to text mode only

Win NT, 2000 and XP are not built on top of DOS. They do have a dos "emulation" mode available, but no "pure dos"

If you don't need access to an NTFS partition, try a dos boot disk.

If you do need access to NTFS from dos, try NTFSDOS v3.0 which can be downloaded from http://www.sysinternals.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online