1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I retrieve data from harddrive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lesabrelarry, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lesabrelarry

lesabrelarry Thread Starter

Hello. I had a computer in which I sometime ago, put a new motherboard and athlon processor in. Just recently, it started acting strange. My control panel would not act right. The Add/Remove Programs would not work, nor would the System icon work. It would suddenly lock up on me. I tried to reinstall Windows XP, but it had a spool error and stopped. Anyway, I bought a new computer with 40 gig hard drive in it and preloaded with Windows XP. (I had Windows XP in the old computer, too.) Is there anyway I can retrieve my data from my old hard drive? I have hundreds of digital photos on it, plus some other data I would hate to lose. I had CD's for all my programs on it. Anybody got any method to retrieve the data?

2. ezymony

ezymony

You can hook up the drive as a slave and get your info if the drive is still good.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice