How do I run a game in WIN98 compatibility mode?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcornall

I've got an oldish game (not too old) and it's pre-windows xp. Anyway, because of this I can't install it. However, I've been told that it does work under XP, all I have to do is install it under Windows98 compatibility mode. I don't have a clue how to do this though - could anyone make me really happy and tell me how to do it?

Right click on the desktop icon > click the compatability tab at the top > choose your options from those listed.

Its not infallible though - a game I tried last week crashed to desktop every time.

If setting the compatability mode to WIN98 doesn't work, try changing the screen resolution before starting the game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online