1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I run a game in WIN98 compatibility mode?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pcornall, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcornall

pcornall Thread Starter

I've got an oldish game (not too old) and it's pre-windows xp. Anyway, because of this I can't install it. However, I've been told that it does work under XP, all I have to do is install it under Windows98 compatibility mode. I don't have a clue how to do this though - could anyone make me really happy and tell me how to do it?

2. RSM123

RSM123

Right click on the desktop icon > click the compatability tab at the top > choose your options from those listed.

Its not infallible though - a game I tried last week crashed to desktop every time.

3. Grendal

Grendal

If setting the compatability mode to WIN98 doesn't work, try changing the screen resolution before starting the game

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice