how do I send pics to photoshop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ladynimue

Hi
just got new camera, not like my previous one which alowed me to import pictures directly onto photoshop,this one allows me to save them onto file but photoshop will not open them as they are not valid photoshop files. How can I save them so they will open or is there a way I can send them straight to photoshop. I think my previous camera worked through the twain but this one does not

Ladynimue

Save pics to a folder, may My Documents.

Go to the saved photo files, right click a file, select Open With.

When you get to open with, uncheck always open..., then ok.
Then select Photoshop. If it opens properly you can leave the Always..... checked and it should default to Photoshop.

The only files I know of from a digital camera that are not valid Photoshop files are raw files. Those have to be converted to a normal format like tiff or jpg files in the camera software or special software that can work with raw files. It is kind of a waste to take the photos in raw and convert them to jpg though.

If the files have a common image format like .jpg or .tif then what ratchet says will work. Some people don’t like all of their images opening in Photoshop as their primary viewer. I have everything defaulted to Irfanview as it opens faster and is much better for viewing a photo.

The normal way to open an image in Photoshop is to go File>Open in Photoshop and navigate to the file you want to open.

If you have Photoshop 7 you can also use the File Browser.

In Photoshop Elements, you can open it and import a file from your scanner or digital camera. Might work in Photoshop too.

ladynimue

Hi
thanks to all for replies.It seems that I need to sort out JPG,tif,giff ect. files as I was trying to open the wrong kind of file in photoshop but I think I have got it now as I managed to open them from file into photoshop .
I can not import them straight there as the only option in aquire is for my scanner.
thanks again

Ladynimue

You can’t use acquire, but you can use the open command to open an image directly from your camera without saving it to file first. The exception would be if you are shooting in raw, but Photoshop should be able to handle any other file type from your camera.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online