1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I set my dual boot(W2K/Win98)system to default boot to Win98?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joeAgain------, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

Before I wiped out my dual boot system last week, I had previously found a way in W2K's Control Panel to set my system to boot to Win98(which all my family uses) in a certain number of seconds unless I tell it to use W2K.

But I can't remember where it was now. And would like to set it that way again.

Can someone tell me, please?

thanks
    (I've heard there is a way to alter the boot.ini file, but I Don't want to do it that way)

2. brianF

brianF

easiest way, right click on my computer, properties, advanced tab, startup and recovery

3. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

Thanks brianF,

I appreciate that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!