How do I set the default user in windows 2K?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

audioaddict

Hi,

I know this is probably somewhat if an ignorant question, but I can't seem to figure it out. Everytime my computer starts, when the logon screen appears, Administrator is set as the ID and since there is no password already keyed in an error message is quickly displayed. Thus, everytime I start my computer I have to change the user to me with my password. If I use the Administrator, a whole different profile is used that makes my desktop look very similar to the day I loaded Win2k.

Confused????

Anyway, what I want to know is how can I set it to automatically logon me as user with my password all by itself, without needing my help,

I would appreciate any replies

Thanks,
KC

Download TweakUi from http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

Once you've got TweakUI installed browse through the windows and you'll find there's an auto login option there somewhere. (I can't remember where it was in the 2k version, in the xp version it has it's own tab)

Note that this does save your password in the registry in an unencrypted form, which isn't very secure. Then again autologin is not very secure anyway.

HTH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online