1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I set up a wireless AP using a DLink DI-524

Discussion in 'Networking' started by networkwannabe, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. networkwannabe

networkwannabe Thread Starter

I want to extend my wireless signal and be able to connect other devices to the internet on the other end of my house. I am using a T-Mobile WRTU54G Linksys Router with a Fi connection. I have another PC and a laptop networked with file and printer sharing working fine expect I lose quite a bit of signal on the opposite end of the house. I have a second laptop that does not have wireless working so I have to connect via LAN to access internet.

How can I use my other D-Link DI-524 router as a wireless AP (connected wirelessly/not with LAN) to connect the second laptop and extend my wireless signal on the other end of the house at the same time? I don't want to spend any more but hopefully use existing equipment to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Nope, the DI-524 has no bridge capability, and it's also not compatible with any 3rd party firmware that might help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice