How do I shrink a pic in paint?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

outatime

I have done it before but I forgot how. I tried to change the attribute under the edit but when I change the size down to 25% I can now only see 25% of the pic. Instead of shrinking the pic down to 25% of it's original size it just cuts off 75% of the pic. So what am I doing wrong.

outatime

I figured it out. Hopefully this will help someone else. Go to edit at the top of paint and then select strech/skew. From there you can just change the percentage to your liking.

It is alot better quality and more efficient to use resampling in a program like irfanview. it is even faster in my opinion then loading in paint.

Back to your original question....if you want to do it in Paint:

1) Load your picture.
2) Take the outline tool (the one that creates a dotted square/rectangle dotted line) and start at 0,0 and go to the other borders.
3) Then take your mouse and put it on the dot in the lower right corner. Position it to make a double-arrow. Then drag your mouse upward to make any size you want.

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!