1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I start my internet sharing at home with my othercomputer? Do I need any new h

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sfavel, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sfavel

sfavel Thread Starter

I would like to know if I need any new hardware to set up an Internet share with my other home computer. If I do, what is it. Thanx:mad:

2. walter929

walter929

If you want to share an Internet connection with another pc you will need some hardware, whether its a router, or a hub, or if you just want to network them you can use Window's Internet Connection Sharing and connect the two pcs by phoneline etc. Check out this website: homenethelp.com they explain networking and ICS to you, and its very helpful by defining what you need depending on your OS.

3. esdxc37

esdxc37

4. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

Get your two NIC (Network cards) cards and a crossover cable if you have dial up.

If using dial-up skip using Microsoft's ICS and do a search on http://www.google.com for Sygate. Look for their internet connection sharing program and download it. It should be a trial version so you can test it out. It's very simple to use.

If you have high-speed get two NIC cards and a router (I prefer Linksys over Netgear) and report back here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice