1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I stop an outgoing message on Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by johanneb, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johanneb

johanneb Thread Starter

Hi!
    I have a big problem :eek: . I sent a too big message on Outlook and it's been going on since the 11th. What do I do to stop it? I tried to delete the message but Outlook freezes everytime I try to do so.
    Thanks a million for you help,
    Johanne

2. valis

valis Moderator

have you tried to shut down outlook with the task explorer? assuming what OS you ahev, you can hit ctrl-alt-del and shut down outlook that way.....

3. physician

physician

I found this on a forum for Outlook problems. It appears that you just have to wait or it restarts. Of course, if you are sending the email, you just stop the email, go into the outbox and delete it. I would close the program and then reopen it to make sure it was gone from the outbox...doc

My Outlook program "freezes" every time I try to receive mail. It says receiving message 3 of 8 (for example) and stops at the same place every time.

Chances are that the Outlook program is still working fine. We've seen this several times lately when you have been sent a message that contains a very large graphic file, sound file or even a video file. Outlook will appear "stuck" while the large file is being downloaded to your computer. I've received files attached to an email message that actually took 20 minutes to receive! Outlook is not able to receive the next messages until this message and attachment have been received completely. Do not stop the program even if it appears it has become "stuck". Give it time to receive all messages and files that are waiting.

I keep receiving the same messages over and over. The program says receiving message 3 of 8 and then stops. When I try again, I keep getting the same 3 messages.

This is related to the same issue described above. Outlook does not tell the mail server which messages have been received until it gets to the end of the new messages. If this process is stopped before all new messages have been received, it will start at the top of the list again the next time you try. Do not stop the program even if it appears it has become "stuck". Give it time to receive all messages and files that are waiting.

4. johanneb

johanneb Thread Starter

I tried and it's not working. I even unplugged my internet connection. No luck

5. physician

physician

Did you cancel the outgoing message and delete it from the outbox as well? You gotta do it and that will fix it...doc

6. oiler

oiler

I have the same problem and it cant be deleted in the outbox, it just cant be stoped. Other messages are sent around it and some are received but the sending message just keeps going and going.?:(

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/416578