How do I stop my monitor from making regular sounds?

JMC16

I have a Lenovo laptop hooked up to an HP monitor. I use a wireless keyboard - so my laptop sits on my desk with the lid closed.
Whenever I have the volume on (ie, whenever it's not muted), my monitor emits very regular sounds (~every 13 seconds). The sounds get louder or softer as I adjust the volume. It's extremely annoying. If I'm listening to something it makes it hard to hear. If I'm on a Zoom call, the other people can hear the sound.

I would LOVE it if someone could help me figure out how to stop the sound.

- When I'm just using my laptop and it's disconnected from the monitor, the sound doesn't happen. So it's definitely coming from the monitor.
- I have checked the connecting cables a hundred times (they aren't loose etc).
- It's not to do with trying to constantly reconnect to the internet, as even when I'm offline (no wifi connection) the sound keeps occurring.

Tech details:
- LAPTOP-AF2T06JT
- Windows 10 Home
- Monitor: HP 27 FHD (set up as 'Display 2')

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Julie

Oddba11

Jim
Normal Windows sounds or something else?

Audio shouldn't output from the monitor unless you have it selected as an output. So ensure your audio settings are set correctly. Also, you can enter the Advanced sound options and adjust the audio output of various apps which use audio. There is also the Sound Control Panel where you can change/disable all Windows sounds.

plodr

Liz
What is the exact model of the HP monitor? 27 is the screen size and FHD simply means it is Full High Definition. Neither of these indicate exactly what 27" monitor you are using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online