How do I stop my pc from power cycling?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

K01

I just built my first pc which has a 1050ti (I know it’s not good but it was a hand me down) and an i7- 9700f. It seems to start up then after 2-3 seconds shut down. I’ve unplugged and plugged everything on the motherboard and even changed the cmos battery but nothing works. Any solutions?

specs:
I7-9700f
Zotac mini 1050ti
16 gb ram
1tb western digital hd
120 gb ssd
Dell ipcfl - vm motherboard
Cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you want help here from the system builder experts, you need to provide a detailed description of all the hardware you built your PC with.

K01

If you want help here from the system builder experts, you need to provide a detailed description of all the hardware you built your PC with.
My apologies This is my first post. Will do

What power supply are you using?

Where did the motherboard come from? Was it repurposed from an Dell XPS 8930?
A google search indicates Dell used it in that model, but I am unsure if that is the only model they used it in.

It may need a bios update to handle 9th gen Intel CPUs. And, from what I can tell, you would have to use an 8th gen Intel CPU to be able to do a bios update

Original BIOS version 1.0.1 only supported 8th gen Intel.
Support for 9700K was added in version 1.1.3
1.1.6 indicates support for 9th gen Intel (presumably including your i7-9700F).
Latest BIOS is version 1.1.16 here:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/e...7n5&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-8930-desktop

Expand 'Version' for links to all prior versions.

Note that Dell's bios updates must be initiated from Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online