1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i transfer pic from laptop to desk w/o cd writer in laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ron24151, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ron24151

ron24151 Thread Starter

Hello, I have pics and letters on my laptop that i sold and need to get them off, and my laptop writer cant seem to write today, is there any way i can transfer them by other means? usb to usb, something like that.. both have xp 2 thanks

2. jbm1991

jbm1991

usb memory stick? usb cable might work? email if their only small documents,

3. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Another option would be to burn them to cd or dvd if the laptop has a burner. If you have a crossover cable you could network the two PC'S.

4. ron24151

ron24151 Thread Starter

cross over, is that the same 5e cable but the 2 wires switched? like a patch right? thanks

they are pictures of my late son i can not lose at all

the cd writer decided not to work tonight''

thanks

5. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

6. dannyn

dannyn

that link didnt work.

7. replay

replay

i'd just go down to your local bestbuy or walmart and buy a 1 gig thumb drive

8. dannyn

dannyn

^^ that truly is the best way. if you use cds or something else then you are wasting a lot of cds (unless you are using rw's.. but thats a whole nother topic)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice