1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I transfer pictures to CD's to save space?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by embem, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. embem

embem Thread Starter

I have a whole bunch of Pictures saved to my computer that I want to transfer to CD's to save space. I am not sure what kind of CD's to use and I do not want to lose any of the pictures while transfering them. And also if I transfer them to CD's will I be able to print them out after they are on the CD's? Thanks Emily

2. kama64

kama64

You need CD's that say CD-RW, and some type of software to copy them to it.

3. pcrepairguy

pcrepairguy

Yes you will be able to print them out. Maybe you should make sure your PC has a cd or dvd burner first though.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Don't use CD-RW disks. They have a shorter lifespan and can corrupt more easily. Use CD-R disks instead. And don't move them to CDs. Perform a copy and paste leaving the originals on your computer until you verify you can open a good portion of the files from the disk. Then make another copy of the CD (you need two copies if the files are important in case something happens to one of the disks).

In my opinion, this would not be how I'd save space on my computer. I'd buy a larger hard drive first. And, of course, I'd have a backed up copy of these pictures on CD and DVD and/or an external hard drive in case something happened to the computer's internal hard drive.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Remember: Data you don't have at least two copies of is data you don't care about.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586399