How Do I Transfer PROGRAMS from old to New Computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sjdomin

Sorry if this topic has already been covered but I Searched Forums for "Transfer Programs" and couldn't find it.
I think I know how to transfer Data Files and Documents from an old computer to a new one, but how do I transfer PROGRAMS?
Over the years I have accumulated many programs that I have bought, downloaded or otherwise acquired and (believe it or not) would like to save most or all of them. I can't face the thought of individually re-installing so many- my C/Program Files is up to 5.65 Gb with 5,420 folders and 64,422 Files.
I have an Acomdata External hard drive-can I just Backup my Program Files to that and then Restore the Backup to a new computer?-that would be very convenient.
Is it that simple?
Also, I have Programs that are in individual seperate Folders on the c Drive-can I just backup or Copy those and transfer tham to a new computer that way?[/SIZE]

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Start reinstalling.

I know there are programs that can attempt to do this but I can't remember the name of them off hand. I know they cost money

google search for move programs. You will get a better search result.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online