1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Do I Transfer Saved Emails To A Floppy & Back Again?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bizwiz2, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

I would like to get my saved emails off of my hard drive and onto a floppy disk. Then I would like to bring them back on to my hard drive. Of course, I would want them to be accessible by my email program when I restore them to the hard drive. How can I do this? I am using Outlook Express. Thanks.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, The easiest way is to email them to yourself even to another email address or email program that works to recieve and send Outlook Express mail, then reinstall or whatever you are going to do...and the emails will be waiting for you when you configure your account in Outlook on the reinstall.
    You may need to update Internet Explorer, which contains OE updates> to the current version, etc and security updates, first.
    You may have to spend a few minutes sending them, but unless there are way too many, it is tedious to copy emails themselves, that contain attachments, etc, to floppy disks. It depends on what the emails are...if there are links, ads, pictures etc...or just text emails.

You should also of course, get your Address book, Favorites from IE or other browser (you can import/export favorites and cookies in IE) too.

Remember- when you login to sites that require password and user name (TSG is one that does, it lets you save your login but when you clear cookies, you have to manually log back in the first time) Hope this helps. If you try a few emails, you may see that you like the idea..

I am not sure about how long your mail server will keep the emails you send> be a good idea to check on that, maybe it is adjustable, some ISPs have a way to extend the keep current period.

If these emails were created with a fairly current version of OE they should be readable by the same or higher version, but send your self a few and check it out!

3. beefy

beefy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice