1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I turn on Auto Capitalise the first letter

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jackasaurus, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jackasaurus

Jackasaurus Thread Starter

i have just installed Windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop

whenever I type anything anywhere on this computer....like here for example.....you will notice that the first letter of each sentence is NOT a capital letter

i want to turn ON Auto Capitalise First Letter and have tried many things in windows 10....in web browsers......to no avail

i have gone into settings/devices/typing to look for any capitalization settings but there are none there

please....any assistance you could give to this annoying problem of having to hold down the shift key to capitalise the first letter of every sentence....would be appreciated

Thank you for your assistance...........see the first letter T ...I held SHIFT down to get it to capitalize

Jack

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you wanting to change every word, or just the sentence?

3. Jackasaurus

I just want every first letter of a sentence to be a CAPITAL LETTER...not a lowercase letter like you can see is happening in my post

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I am only seeing this option for Touch type machines:

Type Typing Settings in the search bar to open the Typing options.

The Capitalize the first letter option is here:

upload_2019-12-2_17-13-8.png

5. Jackasaurus

Thank you for the reply.....this is my problem.....I do not have that option in that menu

upload_2019-12-3_10-26-18.png

Now what are my options....I have been here a hundred times and there is NO Turn On or Off capitalise first letter....please advise of another option

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I have a touch screen monitor so I have that option.

I am not sure why it would not work. I guess it depends on the website / program. i know that this didn't capitalize my sentence too...

Check in Microsoft Word, or in your email client... but right now it doesn't capitalize for me here.

7. Jackasaurus

I am back to square one with this problem.....if anyone can assist me...it would be great

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice