Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I unblock Java?

Solved 
1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  thumbolina 
#1 ·
My computer told me I needed the new version of Java so I clicked to update it. Now it won't load. I get this message .....

1620766313972.png

Please will somebody help me sort this. Thank you.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210313101113.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 1395 GB (639 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5P43TD PRO, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 103496730000277
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver A_M_I_ - 11000918, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#3 ·
I clicked to use Java which usually loads, this time I got the message that it was out of date and to click for the latest version. This I did. I think it said Java.com. I use this to upload, download and delete files from my Bravenet. Usually Java loads then takes me directly into Bravenet

#4 ·
OK, the reason I ask is that there are sites that have the "your java needs to be updated" but it's an ad and links to bad sites that will infect you.

The error itself may is most likely due to the application as it's stating an expired certificate. Do you use JSCAPE software? I think it's FTP software

#5 ·
I’m not very technical, I don’t know what JSCAPE software is so I don’t think I use it. I’m very particular at running CCleaner and a Malware bites every day as well as the Windows virus thing. I’ll uninstall Java, run all the cleaners, restart the computer a couple of times then make sure I install Java from the proper place. Maybe that will sort it.

#7 ·
I did all the restarting and cleaning etc and it didn't do any good. I think the problem may have something to do with Bravenet as I only use Java for sorting my Bravenet files. I have opened a support ticket with them. This is the thing I click on to start the Java thing. It used to open Java and I entered my password then it took me there. Now Java won't even open. I've blocked out my username etc.
1620812595405.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.