1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I UNDO CAPS LOCK

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nickelodeon, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

hi,

I was just wonderiNG HOW DO MAKE THE BIG WORDS SMALL AGAIN when I have written a sentence by accident in caps. Is there a short cut because ive seen someone do it before?

2. NightLord

NightLord

In Office apps you can use Shift-F3 to cycle through.

3. NightLord

NightLord

By the way, I always find it useful to make windows beep when you hit CapsLock. This option can be found here: Control Panel ---> Accessibility Options.

On my former keyboard I just broke the CapsLock key out of the keyboard :D

/NL

4. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Within certain programs, there are settings to warn you or reverse the caps lock when it is not needed. For instance, in Word (all versions that I have dealt with up to 2003) you can set it to watch for tHIS and toggle the caps lock off automatically, while fixing the bad word. :)

5. vookster82

vookster82

lol, a little late in jumping in...but where in word 2003 is this option. :rolleyes:

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

7. vookster82

vookster82

For this thread, i was just referring to the auto option....since i never even thought this would exist and it sounded neat
    The other post i just wanted to know how to actually do it manually. :p

Thanks again kiwiguy !!

EDIT: The option was already checked off by default i think, but still doesnt work all the time properly...better that nothing i suppose (y)

About as accurate as the M$ spellcheck :rolleyes:
    But still better than my grammer:eek:

8. slyvone

slyvone

I stumble upon a great download for Excel that adds a significant amount of functionallity to problems like this one (Caps to lowercase & vice versa).
    The list of extra functions is too long to begin to detail here, but this is definitley worth a look at.

Visit http://www.asap-utilities.com/ for details.

Later

9. vookster82

vookster82

LOL, i forgot about that app...atleast i didnt know its full potential anyways. I was recommended ASAP for something in excel by a TSG member a few months ago. ill Have to take another look...but from what i remember it was a rarity of a good pluin app.

Thanks for the (y) reminder !!!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/300624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice