Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I uninstall IE 7

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  cybernana 
#1 ·
How do I uninstall IE 7 and go back to the old version. I don't like IE 7. I use Firefox most of the time but sometimes you need Internet Explorer.

#2 ·
Just use Add/Remove Programs to remove 'Windows Internet Explorer 7.' IE6 will be "uncovered" and available for use.

Just curious--as a Firefox user how is it that you prefer IE6 to IE7?

EDIT: Of course, I am assuming you have XP. With Vista I doubt that you can or would want to uninstall IE7.

#3 ·
If you allow "automatic updates" from M$, IE 7 will be reinstalled. You have to use "Custom" mode with "auto" disabled. M$ will tell you every time you do a manual update run that you have stopped a "critical" update(s). Just ignore.

I do a manual update the middle of each month, since M$ posts updates on the second Tuesday.

{redoak}

#5 ·
HP may have a patch for the scanning problem; for me the HP Director stopped working but I found an acceptable (for me) work-around before I realized that IE7 had caused the problem.

I forgot about that glitch that redoak pointed out. I use automatic notification (but not auto download) so that's another way to get notified of updates w/o getting IE7 reinstalled.

We all have our own likes and dislikes--I'm just surprised (not that it matters one iota) that a Firefox user would like the look and feel of IE6 better than IE7. I only use IE when forced to, but could probably get used to IE7.

#7 ·
There are Firefox add-ons that allow you to view sites with IE rendering. One claims they can even do Windows updates. Search for "firefox ie tab" if you are interested.

Like you, I use IE for Microsoft/Windows updates.

Don't be upset by my questions about IE6 vs. IE7. I'm just curious is all.

#8 ·
TerryNet,

I really appreciate any help that you can give me and I hope that you didn't think I was upset. I am new to most of this and I can use all the help I can get. I will search out the ie tab and use it.

Please any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.