How do I uninstall something from thats device manager

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leodazodiac

Alright, this is my first time on this website so apologies if this is the wrong thread to post to. I recently got a new laptop and I've been setting it up for the past few days. Yesterday I tried to install the driver for my drawing tablet (XP-Pen Star 03 pen tablet express keys) and I messed up somewhere and ended up downloading a driver for a different tablet. I uninstalled it and went to install the correct driver for my tablet, but it wouldn't allow me to and repeated "System has detected other tablet drivers. You need to uninstall all other tablet drivers before installing tablet driver." I looked through device manager and found that there were currently two "Pentablet HID" listed. The option to uninstall them both is grayed out, and it'll only let me update or check driver details. I've been on google all day yesterday and today but I still can't find a way to uninstall it. I am the administrator on my laptop, and it's a windows 10 if that helps... Sorry if the solution is simple, I'm a bit of an idiot.

TLDR: How the hell do I uninstall something from device manager that's grayed out?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The best thing in this instance is to find a system restore point dated prior to installing the erroneous driver, and then restore the system to that point. It'll clear out the incorrect driver and you can install the correct one.

leodazodiac

The best thing in this instance is to find a system restore point dated prior to installing the erroneous driver, and then restore the system to that point. It'll clear out the incorrect driver and you can install the correct one.
Ahh as this is a brand new laptop, system restore wasn't enabled before I downloaded the wrong driver, so there's nothing to restore to. I've enabled it now though. Is there anything else I can do?

leodazodiac

EDIT: Nevermind! I just ended up resetting my laptop, which deleted everything, including the two drivers :D Thank you for the help though!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online