1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I uninstall Windows Defender?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by user438, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. user438

user438 Thread Starter

The Windows Defender is supposed to be uninstallable but I can't find it in 'Add Remove Programs'. It is wrecking havoc with my trusted defenses. I see 2 versions of it as well in the 'All Programs' list and the icons seem dimmed.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

I've always been able to uninstall from Add/Remove . . maybe parts were already uninstalled . . you could try installing it, then uninstall if you don't want it.

3. user438

user438 Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip! It took a number of tries, but I finally got rid of the Windows Defender. It still didn't show up in the 'Add/Remove Programs' but through the on-line download there was an option to 'uninstall'. As I stated in my initial thread, it appeared that more than one installation was there, thus the multiple uninstalls. This was probably the problem with the opperation of the program in the first place.

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Well done! . . (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice