How do I uninstall windows?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaFuZzMaStA

I have two versions of windows installed, Proffesional, and home, and I have to choose every time I boot up
It used to come in handy for certain things but now I need hard drive space so..
How do I uninstall windows home?

there many partition programs

the best one to use is called partition magic

windows xp also has a partition manager built in

with out a program like partition magic, the most you can do is delete the partition that has the windows you dont want

after you delete the partition

click on start

click on run

type in msconfig

clickon the tab that says boot.ini

clickon check on all boot paths and after that, you can click on yes if any windows comes up

and it will remove the startup ares for the dual boot that way you wont have that os select screen since you removed the second windows install

you need partition magic to resize your main windows partition so you will have access to all of the free space on your hard drive.

if you do not hace a program like that you can do this

select the on allocated space and create a new partition in it.

this will be good to do because you will have a second partition for storage

and the best part is if you ever need to re install windows you wont lose your files because you will store them on the second partition

it also makes a disk defrag go a lot faster since your defraging only a slamm partion of your hard drive

your second partition will almost never get fragmented

only the partition windows is on will have mor eof a fragment problem and you will be able to always fix it quickly

on my pc i do this
windows xp is on drive C and i only put installed files on drive c, all other files (movies, games, anime, documents and lots of other stuff) go on drive d (my second partition which is the bigest partition in my pc)

this keeps windows always running fast and disk defrags go extremely fast

Yep. You don't really "uninstall" Windows, you just delete the partition it lives on...

DaFuZzMaStA

(sorry if I'm being a little bit of a noob)
If you have partitions doesn't that meen dividing space on a drive and splitting it into some 'virtual' drives?
Something like that?
In that case I only have one drive, no partitions.
It is a good idea to put windows on a second partition
But as of now I have two windows on one drive, one partition, they are both on my c drive.
I can't delete the windows folder..
edit: Oh yeah and I've already taken the unwanted windows out of my boot.ini

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online