1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I unsync my Google search history on 3 devices

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by OCRM, Mar 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. OCRM

OCRM Thread Starter

I have a desktop PC and two Samsung Android phones all of which have the same GMail account installed. The problem is that if I do an internet search using Google on one device the search history details show up on all devices. Is it possible to stop the sync on one of the phones whilst leaving it working on the other two devices. If not how do I stop it completely. I have looked online but none of the answers given seem to match my setup.
    Thanks

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you sign in to Google when you are using Chrome ? ( I assume you are using Chrome ) Then delete all cookies and see.

3. OCRM

OCRM Thread Starter

I have not used Chrome. I use Gmail on my PC and this is with I Explorer and also use Google for internet searches. I also have them both on a Samsung Galaxy phone. I needed to download an app on the second mobile phone but to do this I had to log into Gmail. I would like to stop the search history showing up on all three and would like to know if it is possible to disable this. I guess the other way to do it is to delete the gmail account on the third mobile phone

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Delete all cookies on IE then.

5. OCRM

OCRM Thread Starter

I have tried that, it deletes the search history but the details of new searches are still synced on all three. I think I'll just delete the gmail account of the third device.
    Thanks for your help

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you ever install any Google applications on your PC? Any browser plug-in's ?

What version of Windows are you using?

7. OCRM

OCRM Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 7. I don't think this has anything to do with Google applications on the PC and I don't think there is anything wrong with the setup. It seems that by having all three devices logged into the same Gmail account then doing a search with Google on one device means that the details of the search are synced with the other two. I would like to know if it is possible to change the setup of Gmail and Google so that the search history of one device is not passed to the other two.

8. OCRM

OCRM Thread Starter

Can I also say if I log out of Gmail on the PC then the search history is not passed on. Unfortunately it does not seem possible to log out of Gmail on the two phones.

9. lunarlander

lunarlander

10. OCRM

OCRM Thread Starter

I have tried that. I turns off sync to Contacts and Calender but not search history. I think I will call it a day for the time being, it's not that important. Thank you for your help.

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice